We want to work with you!
Woodlands County offers a variety of employment opportunities throughout the year. These positions are listed with full job descriptions and expectations, as well as salary and benefit packages suitable for each position.
Please check back here often for new listings.
Director of Infrastructure Services
Woodlands County (www.woodlands.ab.ca) is a rural municipality approximately 150 kilometers northwest of Edmonton, Alberta. With an area of 7,668 square kilometers, the County surrounds the Town of Whitecourt, and includes the hamlets of Blue Ridge, Goose Lake and Fort Assiniboine. With a population of over 4,700 people, Woodlands County is a thriving natural playground, welcoming families, businesses and tourists alike to experience and enjoy all there is to offer. The County has a Council of seven including the Mayor.
Reporting to the Chief Administrative Officer (CAO), the Director of Infrastructure Services will oversee all infrastructure services for the County including rural asphalt and gravel roads, water and sewer, landfill and transfer stations, and the certified airport. There are 25FTE’s in the department and the annual combined budget is approximately $10M.
The successful candidate will possess the following:
- Post-secondary education in a related field and/or equivalent experience.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to work effectively with staff, elected officials, contractors and consultants, as well as the general public.
- Willingness and capability to get out into the field on a regular basis and meet with crews, contractors, and the public.
- Working knowledge of asset planning and life cycle management.
- A solid understanding of the budgeting process and the ability to stick within the set budget.
- An understanding of a rural municipal setting, coupled with proven leadership skills and a technical background.
- Experience with the operation of all public works equipment.
- Ability to champion a safe work environment and enforce that proper OH&S procedures are being adhered to by County staff.
We are seeking an individual who will fit with the existing team, and who brings the right blend of experience and personality to the role. We are prepared to pay an above average compensation package for the right individual should you meet or exceed the above criteria. In addition, the County has a comprehensive benefits program including LAPP and the supplemental APEX pension plan. Specifics will be discussed in a personal interview.
For further information please contact:
DCG Executive Search Services Ltd.