We want to work with you!
Woodlands County offers a variety of employment opportunities throughout the year. These positions are listed with full job descriptions and expectations, as well as salary and benefit packages suitable for each position.
Please check back here often for new listings.
Woodlands County Agriculture Services, Community Services, and Infrastructure Services departments are presently seeking enthusiastic individuals to fill the following full time temporary, seasonal positions:
Infrastructure Labourers (Fort Assiniboine area) – Job #17-002
Duties include: grounds and road maintenance including sign replacement, pot hole patching, flagging, operating small equipment and other various labour duties.
Weed Inspectors – Job #17-003
Duties include: Identification and reporting of prohibited and noxious weeds, communication of weed control responsibilities with residents and issuing enforcement notices as required by the Alberta Weed Control Act, manual weed and pesticide control, detailed record keeping, computer operation, and other related office duties, manual labour and other duties as required within the scope of the position. Preference may be given to applicants with working knowledge of the Alberta Weed Control Act.
All positions require a valid Alberta Class 5 License.
Interested individuals are invited to submit a resume and cover letter highlighting their qualifications no later than 12:00 Noon Friday, April 7th. Applications must identify the job number(s) for the positions desired. Positions will remain vacant until a suitable candidate is found. All applications may be emailed, faxed or dropped off to either:
Woodlands County – Whitecourt
Box 60, #1 Woodlands Lane
Whitecourt AB T7S 1N3
Woodlands County – Fort Assiniboine
Fort Assiniboine, AB T0G 1A0
Woodlands County is currently accepting applications for the following position:
FULL TIME PERMANENT- AIRPORT MANAGER
Candidates must have:
- 5 – 10 years’ experience managing the daily operations, maintenance and staffing requirements at a certified airport
- 5 – 10 years’ experience in airport planning and land development
- 5 – 10 years’ municipal experience in preparing council reports and council presentations
- 5 – 10 years’ experience in managing the financial aspects of a certified airport including preparing annual operational budgets, capital budgets and federal aviation grant applications
- 5 – 10 years’ experience in operating maintenance equipment required for runway clearing
- An intermediate level of understanding and able to use Microsoft office suite including word, excel, outlook, power point and other software
A current driver’s abstract is required for the above noted position. A minimum class 5 licence with air brake endorsement is required for this position. A complete job description for the position is available at the Woodlands County Municipal Office in Whitecourt, the Fort Assiniboine Regional Municipal Office and online here.
Closing date for applications is March 31, 2017.
Interested parties may submit their resumes, including cover letter, noting salary expectations to:
William Lacasse, Hons. B.Sc., CRS
Director, Infrastructure Services
Box 60, # 1 Woodlands Lane
Whitecourt AB T7S 1N3
Woodlands County thanks all applicants for their interest; however, only those candidates invited for an interview will be contacted.