We want to work with you!
Woodlands County offers a variety of employment opportunities throughout the year. These positions are listed with full job descriptions and expectations, as well as salary and benefit packages suitable for each position.
Please check back here often for new listings.
Woodlands County is currently accepting applications for the following position:
FULL TIME PERMANENT- AIRPORT MANAGER
The Whitecourt Airport has been recently certified by Transport Canada, has a 5,800-foot paved runway, and offers many services you’d expect including: Nav Canada flight service station providing advisory services; fuel sales of AVGAS and Jet Fuel; short-term and long-term tie down spaces, aircraft overnight storage; vehicle rental kiosk; to name a few.
Reporting to the County’s Director of Infrastructure Services, the Airport Manager has a staff of four in the winter and three in the summer (Admin Assistant and Operations staff), and a combined budget of nearly $1.2M.
The Airport Manager is accountable for:
- Managing the daily operation of the airport terminal and scheduling appropriate numbers of staff.
- Monitoring all employees, stakeholders, outside vendors and businesses to ensure that they are in compliance with aviation regulations and security procedures.
- Ensuring all financial aspects of running a certified airport (i.e. preparing annual operational budgets, capital budgets and federal aviation grant applications, etc.).
- Providing proper training to staff on all airport operational and safety procedures, including emergency responses according to the Airport Operating Manual and Woodlands County safety procedures.
- Maintaining and guaranteeing compliance of all airport documentation required to maintain a certified status with Transport Canada….such as SMS (Safety Management System), Airport Operations Manuals, and Airport Wildlife Control Manuals.
- Working with Council and County planning staff to plan, promote and expand new airport land developments.
- Operating maintenance equipment required for runway clearing and submitting required runway reports at the frequency as outlined by Transport Canada.
The successful candidate will require 5-10 years’ experience managing the daily operations, maintenance, and staffing requirements at a certified airport. He/she will also possess strong written, oral and presentation skills and will provide a high level of attention to detail and accuracy. Further, he/she will be highly motivated, organized and capable of managing multi-tasks within a team environment as well as possess problem solving and decision making skills. A working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite and other software applications is vital.
For further information please contact:
DCG Executive Search Services Ltd.