We want to work with you!
Woodlands County offers a variety of employment opportunities throughout the year. These positions are listed with full job descriptions and expectations, as well as salary and benefit packages suitable for each position.
Please check back here often for new listings.
Full-Time Permanent Position
Woodlands County is seeking an enthusiastic organized individual to fill a fast paced position as Development Officer. Woodlands County is located approximately 170 km northwest of Edmonton with 759,959 hectares of lands that consists of a diverse landscape that supports an array of recreational, agricultural, residential, commercial and industrial opportunities.
Reporting to the Manager of Planning & Development, the successful candidate is responsible for:
- Processing of development permit applications;
- Preparation of compliance letters;
- Providing response to public enquiries/referrals and complaints;
- Attending and making presentations to the public and various municipal boards such as County Council, the Municipal Planning Commission and the Subdivision and Development Appeal Board;
- Assisting with enforcement issues, subdivision and land use amendment applications; and other duties as assigned.
The successful candidate should possess:
- Three or more years experience as a Development Officer or equivalent municipal experience will be considered;
- Applied Land Use Planning Certificate or be enrolled in a planning related program;
- Possess a valid driver’s license;
- Strong verbal, written, and organizational skills;
- Strong interpersonal, customer service and conflict resolution skills;
- Strong computer skills, Microsoft Office, Adobe Professional, and GIS software.
- Familiarity with MuniSight ES & MuniSight PD
Woodlands County provides a competitive salary range and benefits package.
The starting salary for this position will be dependent upon the qualifications and experience of the successful candidate. Hours of work are 36.25 hours/week.
Qualified individuals are asked to forward their cover letter and resume marked “Personal & Confidential” no later than Monday, March 12, 2018 to:
Joan Slootweg, Manager of Planning & Development
Box 60, #1 Woodlands Lane
Whitecourt AB T7S 1N3
Telephone: (780) 778-8400
Facsimile: (780) 778-8402