Welcome to Woodlands County
We look forward to your visit!
Our regions spans from Whitecourt, north and east to Fort Assiniboine, and includes Goose Lake and Blue Ridge, and all points in between.
Woodlands County is a rural municipality approximately 150 kilometers northwest of Edmonton, Alberta. With an area of 7,668 square kilometers, the county surrounds the Town of Whitecourt, and includes the hamlets of Blue Ridge, Goose Lake and Fort Assiniboine.
With a population of over 4,600 people, Woodlands County is a thriving natural playground, welcoming families, businesses and tourists alike to experience and enjoy all there is to offer.
Woodlands County… BRING IT!
- West End Bus Schedule Jan – April 2017
- Tourism Grant Programs: Information and applications forms are available! Deadline to apply is February 3, 2017.
- REMINDER NOTICE – Gravel Truck / Equipment Registration 2017
- 2016 Recreation Projects Year End
- Groat Creek Group Campground bookings start JANUARY 3rd! Click here for more information.
- Mammogram Screen testing back in Whitecourt January 9-21, 2017. Call 1 800 667 0604 to book
- Road ban June 8 2016
- Wildfire Hazard Update – Whitecourt Area