Welcome to Woodlands County
We look forward to your visit!
Our regions spans from Whitecourt, north and east to Fort Assiniboine, and includes Goose Lake and Blue Ridge, and all points in between.
Woodlands County is a rural municipality approximately 150 kilometers northwest of Edmonton, Alberta. With an area of 7,668 square kilometers, the county surrounds the Town of Whitecourt, and includes the hamlets of Blue Ridge, Goose Lake and Fort Assiniboine.
With a population of over 4,600 people, Woodlands County is a thriving natural playground, welcoming families, businesses and tourists alike to experience and enjoy all there is to offer.
Woodlands County… BRING IT!
- new West End Bus Trips March to May 2017
- Notice of Public Hearing & Open House for Draft Land Use Bylaw 490/17
- March 21st Council meeting rescheduled to MARCH 28th
- Applications being accepted for Airport Manager position until March 31, 2017. Click here for more information.
- Road Ban Information – February 3rd, 2017
- Keep Off The Crops! Complimentary “Crops in Field” sign from Agriculture Services.
- Wildfire Hazard Update – Whitecourt Area