Welcome to Woodlands County
We look forward to your visit!
Our regions spans from Whitecourt, north and east to Fort Assiniboine, and includes Goose Lake and Blue Ridge, and all points in between.
Woodlands County is a rural municipality approximately 150 kilometers northwest of Edmonton, Alberta. With an area of 7,668 square kilometers, the county surrounds the Town of Whitecourt, and includes the hamlets of Blue Ridge, Goose Lake and Fort Assiniboine.
With a population of over 4,600 people, Woodlands County is a thriving natural playground, welcoming families, businesses and tourists alike to experience and enjoy all there is to offer.
Woodlands County… BRING IT!
OLD BLUE RIDGE HIGHWAY – NOW OPEN!!! 41st Avenue (Township Road 594A) just east of the Whitecourt Transfer Station will be open effective at 3 p.m. April 21, 2017.
- Road Ban – March 28 2017
- Dust Control Applications: Click here for the form
- 2017 Annual Roadside Clean-up Campaign: Click here for more information.
- Hamlet Clean Up: May 19 – 23, 2017
- New West End Bus Trips March to May 2017
- Applications being accepted for Airport Manager position extended until May 12, 2017. Click here for more information.
- Keep Off The Crops! Complimentary “Crops in Field” sign from Agriculture Services.
- Wildfire Hazard Update – Whitecourt Area