We want to work with you!
Woodlands County offers a variety of employment opportunities throughout the year. These positions are listed with full job descriptions and expectations, as well as salary and benefit packages suitable for each position.
Please check back here often for new listings.
Woodlands County is currently accepting applications for the following position:
Woodlands County is a vibrant and growing rural municipality of almost 5000 people with connections to an amazing region. Both outdoor and indoor opportunities for spending time with family, friends and neighbors abound. Located an hour and a half from the Edmonton Metro region with local access to great shopping and plentiful outdoor recreation opportunities, Woodlands County is a place that is easy to call home.
The business trading area includes the communities of Whitecourt, Barrhead, Mayerthorpe, Fox Creek and a number of smaller hamlets including Anselmo, Blue Ridge and the historic Fort Assiniboine. Outdoor recreation can be found in a provincial park, on either the Athabasca or McLeod rivers, at the Blue Ridge Recreation Area, Hard Luck Canyon or a number of other campgrounds. Indoor Recreation can be found at the Allan &Jean Millar Centre, the Eagle River Casino or at activities at a number of halls run by Agricultural Societies in the County. Schools are operated by Living Waters Catholic School Division and Northern Gateway Public School Division and a local hospital and health centre is run by Alberta Health Services.
Woodlands County is a rural municipality approximately 150 km northwest of Edmonton, Alberta. Within the 7,668 sq. km. the county surrounds the Town of Whitecourt, and includes the hamlets of Blue Ridge, Goose Lake and Fort Assiniboine.
Equipment Operator (6-month Contract)
Woodlands County is seeking the services of an individual to fill the permanent full-time position of Equipment Operator (6-month contract) at the Whitecourt shop. This position is required for the operation of heavy equipment as required and some general labour duties.
This position reports to: Whitecourt Area Supervisor
- Operate equipment such as gravel truck, sand truck, loader, tractor, and be trained in the operation of all equipment other within the Infrastructure fleet.
- Provide general labour and support to staff as directed by the Foreman
- Conduct all operations in a safe manner within County policies and procedures while adhering to all Alberta OH&S regulations.
- Operate equipment as needed
- Perform regular equipment preventative maintenance.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Area Supervisor.
- Valid class 3 drivers licence and an acceptable current driver’s abstract
- Grade 12 diploma or equivalent
- Ability to work sifts as required
- Ability to work in all weather conditions.
- Ability to obtain “Air Brake Endorsement.
Applications will be accepted until 4:00 pm January 18, 2019
Applications can be:
- emailed to email@example.com
- Hand delivered to Woodlands County
Box 60, # 1 Woodlands Lane
Whitecourt, AB T7S 1N3
A complete job description for the position is available at the Woodlands County Municipal Office in Whitecourt.
Woodlands County thanks all applicants for their interest; however, only those candidates invited for an interview will be contacted.
Chief Administrative Officer (CAO)
Woodlands County is a rural municipality approximately 150 kilometers northwest of Edmonton, Alberta. With an area of 7,668 square kilometers, the County surrounds the Town of Whitecourt, and includes the hamlets of Blue Ridge, Goose Lake and Fort Assiniboine. The County has a population of over 4,700 people and a combined budge of $32M. Woodlands County is a thriving natural playground, welcoming families, businesses and tourists alike to experience and enjoy all there is to offer. They have a Council of seven including the Mayor.
Reporting to the Mayor and Council, the Chief Administrative Officer (CAO) is responsible for guiding the day-to-day affairs of the County as outlined in the Municipal Government Act (MGA), County by-laws, and policies as set by Council.
In addition, the CAO will also:
- Deliver solid leadership to the senior leadership team and County staff.
- Provide effective advice and support to the Mayor and Council in developing, implementing, and executing policies and strategies.
- Promote opportunities to the public for public participation on municipal issues.
- Ensure that County staff are committed to providing the highest level of service to the general public and the business community through clear and transparent communication.
The successful candidate will possess the following:
- A demonstrated track record of strong leadership and direction with prior senior management experience.
- A post-secondary education, or a combination of relevant training and senior leadership experience.
- The ability to work effectively with elected officials, joint partnerships, businesses and industry, Boards and committees, and the general public.
- A comprehensive understanding of the financial and budgeting process.
- Appreciation of the legislative process and knowledge of the Alberta Municipal Government Act and its recent changes.
- Proven experience in strategic planning, organizational development and achieving results in building team relations.
For further information please visit our website, or contact:
DCG Executive Search Services Ltd.