We want to work with you!
Woodlands County offers a variety of employment opportunities throughout the year. These positions are listed with full job descriptions and expectations, as well as salary and benefit packages suitable for each position.
Please check back here often for new listings.
Woodlands County is currently accepting applications for the following position:
Chief Administrative Officer (CAO)
Woodlands County is a rural municipality approximately 150 kilometers northwest of Edmonton, Alberta. With an area of 7,668 square kilometers, the County surrounds the Town of Whitecourt, and includes the hamlets of Blue Ridge, Goose Lake and Fort Assiniboine. The County has a population of over 4,700 people and a combined budge of $32M. Woodlands County is a thriving natural playground, welcoming families, businesses and tourists alike to experience and enjoy all there is to offer. They have a Council of seven including the Mayor.
Reporting to the Mayor and Council, the Chief Administrative Officer (CAO) is responsible for guiding the day-to-day affairs of the County as outlined in the Municipal Government Act (MGA), County by-laws, and policies as set by Council.
In addition, the CAO will also:
- Deliver solid leadership to the senior leadership team and County staff.
- Provide effective advice and support to the Mayor and Council in developing, implementing, and executing policies and strategies.
- Promote opportunities to the public for public participation on municipal issues.
- Ensure that County staff are committed to providing the highest level of service to the general public and the business community through clear and transparent communication.
The successful candidate will possess the following:
- A demonstrated track record of strong leadership and direction with prior senior management experience.
- A post-secondary education, or a combination of relevant training and senior leadership experience.
- The ability to work effectively with elected officials, joint partnerships, businesses and industry, Boards and committees, and the general public.
- A comprehensive understanding of the financial and budgeting process.
- Appreciation of the legislative process and knowledge of the Alberta Municipal Government Act and its recent changes.
- Proven experience in strategic planning, organizational development and achieving results in building team relations.
For further information please visit our website, or contact:
DCG Executive Search Services Ltd.