Welcome to Woodlands County
We look forward to your visit!
Our regions spans from Whitecourt, north and east to Fort Assiniboine, and includes Goose Lake and Blue Ridge, and all points in between.
Woodlands County is a rural municipality approximately 150 kilometers northwest of Edmonton, Alberta. With an area of 7,668 square kilometers, the county surrounds the Town of Whitecourt, and includes the hamlets of Blue Ridge, Goose Lake and Fort Assiniboine.
With a population of over 4,600 people, Woodlands County is a thriving natural playground, welcoming families, businesses and tourists alike to experience and enjoy all there is to offer.
Woodlands County… BRING IT!
Update May 7th:
- the manned barricades have been taken down and public is now allowed in. Flats road remains in poor/fair condition throughout
- Barricades remain in place on Trestle road.
- All residents are back in their homes as of Friday
- RR 52 was repaired as best as possible but remains very soft
- TWP 620A(Pride Valley Road) remains soft but passable.
Notice: Recent weather conditions have deteriorated the roads within the Whitecourt Regional Landfill. Crews are working to maintain the road; however, travel in and out of the facility by car is not recommended. (It is advised that travel to and from the landfill be in vehicles with four wheel drive until further notice.)
The Whitecourt Regional Landfill appreciates your cooperation and understanding. If you have questions or require further information, please contact the Whitecourt Regional Landfill at 780-648-2273.
- Food Safe Course – register by May 24th
- HAMLET CLEAN-UP WEEK 2018
- Blue Ridge Playground: We are asking people in Blue Ridge to stay off the slide on the playground structure at the Berry Nice Spray Park as the slide is under repair
- Location Change – MAY COUNCIL MEETINGS – will be held at the Fort Assiniboine Office
- NEW DATE: Notice of Public Hearing: Draft Bylaw 498/17 – Community Standards Bylaw
- Road Bans Effective April 16th – Click here for more information
- Woodlands County Interactive Map
- Alberta River Basins Information
- Wildfire Hazard Update – Whitecourt Area