Welcome to Woodlands County
We look forward to your visit!
Our regions spans from Whitecourt, north and east to Fort Assiniboine, and includes Goose Lake and Blue Ridge, and all points in between.
Woodlands County is a rural municipality approximately 150 kilometers northwest of Edmonton, Alberta. With an area of 7,668 square kilometers, the county surrounds the Town of Whitecourt, and includes the hamlets of Blue Ridge, Goose Lake and Fort Assiniboine.
With a population of over 4,600 people, Woodlands County is a thriving natural playground, welcoming families, businesses and tourists alike to experience and enjoy all there is to offer.
Woodlands County… BRING IT!
- Looking for MEMBER AT LARGE for MPC – deadline to apply Jan 10/19
- Open House – Service Road Study – North Side – January 28th
- AHS Screen Test Mobile Mammography Clinic in Whitecourt Mar 4-16 – Book your appointment now
- RR 120 SOUTH of East Mountain Road – Please note that Woodlands County has recently changed the speed limit on a portion of RR120 to 50KM as the hill does not meet speed limit designs.
- Group Camping at Groat creek 2019
- Wildfire Hazard Update – Whitecourt Area
- Woodlands County Interactive Map
- Alberta River Basins Information