Welcome to Woodlands County
We look forward to your visit!
Our regions spans from Whitecourt, north and east to Fort Assiniboine, and includes Goose Lake and Blue Ridge, and all points in between.
Woodlands County is a rural municipality approximately 150 kilometers northwest of Edmonton, Alberta. With an area of 7,668 square kilometers, the county surrounds the Town of Whitecourt, and includes the hamlets of Blue Ridge, Goose Lake and Fort Assiniboine.
With a population of over 4,600 people, Woodlands County is a thriving natural playground, welcoming families, businesses and tourists alike to experience and enjoy all there is to offer.
Woodlands County… BRING IT!
- Road Ban in effect as of June 18th
- June 19th Council Meeting will be at the Woodlands County Regional Office in Whitecourt
- Career Expo 2018 – employers book booth now
- Wildfire Hazard Update – Whitecourt Area
- NEW DATE: Notice of Public Hearing: Draft Bylaw 498/17 – Community Standards Bylaw
- Woodlands County Interactive Map
- Alberta River Basins Information