Welcome to Woodlands County
We look forward to your visit!
Our regions spans from Whitecourt, north and east to Fort Assiniboine, and includes Goose Lake and Blue Ridge, and all points in between.
Woodlands County is a rural municipality approximately 150 kilometers northwest of Edmonton, Alberta. With an area of 7,668 square kilometers, the county surrounds the Town of Whitecourt, and includes the hamlets of Blue Ridge, Goose Lake and Fort Assiniboine.
With a population of over 4,600 people, Woodlands County is a thriving natural playground, welcoming families, businesses and tourists alike to experience and enjoy all there is to offer.
Woodlands County… BRING IT!
- Annexation Public Meeting – March 21 at 7:00pm. Click here for more information.
- Notice of Public Hearing: Draft Bylaw 498/17 – Community Standards Bylaw
- Westward Jr Rodeo – Apr 7th
- Highway Cleanup 2018 – deadline to apply Apr 25
- Woodlands County Interactive Map
- Alberta River Basins Information
- Wildfire Hazard Update – Whitecourt Area