Welcome to Woodlands County
We look forward to your visit!
Our regions spans from Whitecourt, north and east to Fort Assiniboine, and includes Goose Lake and Blue Ridge, and all points in between.
Woodlands County is a rural municipality approximately 150 kilometers northwest of Edmonton, Alberta. With an area of 7,668 square kilometers, the county surrounds the Town of Whitecourt, and includes the hamlets of Blue Ridge, Goose Lake and Fort Assiniboine.
With a population of over 4,600 people, Woodlands County is a thriving natural playground, welcoming families, businesses and tourists alike to experience and enjoy all there is to offer.
Woodlands County… BRING IT!
- register now for Prairie North Farm Forum on Nov 29/18
- Journey to Bethlehem – 20th Annual – click for details
- MEMBER AT LARGE Position Available for MPC – apply by Nov 22nd
- Hardluck Canyon – Closed for the Season
- Woodlands_County Flood Assistance
- Road Ban in effect as of June 18th
- Wildfire Hazard Update – Whitecourt Area
- Woodlands County Interactive Map
- Alberta River Basins Information