Welcome to Woodlands County
We look forward to your visit!
Our regions spans from Whitecourt, north and east to Fort Assiniboine, and includes Goose Lake and Blue Ridge, and all points in between.
Woodlands County is a rural municipality approximately 150 kilometers northwest of Edmonton, Alberta. With an area of 7,668 square kilometers, the county surrounds the Town of Whitecourt, and includes the hamlets of Blue Ridge, Goose Lake and Fort Assiniboine.
With a population of over 4,600 people, Woodlands County is a thriving natural playground, welcoming families, businesses and tourists alike to experience and enjoy all there is to offer.
Woodlands County… BRING IT!
- BERRY NICE SPRAY PARK in BLUE RIDGE IS NOW OPEN
- Wildfire Hazard Update – Whitecourt Area
- Location Change – MAY COUNCIL MEETINGS – will be held at the Fort Assiniboine Office
- NEW DATE: Notice of Public Hearing: Draft Bylaw 498/17 – Community Standards Bylaw
- Road Bans Effective April 16th – Click here for more information
- Woodlands County Interactive Map
- Alberta River Basins Information