We want to work with you!
Woodlands County offers a variety of employment opportunities throughout the year. These positions are listed with full job descriptions and expectations, as well as salary and benefit packages suitable for each position.
Please check back here often for new listings.
Woodlands County is currently accepting applications for the following position:
Woodlands County is a vibrant and growing rural municipality of almost 5000 people with connections to an amazing region. Both outdoor and indoor opportunities for spending time with family, friends and neighbors abound. Located an hour and a half from the Edmonton Metro region with local access to great shopping and plentiful outdoor recreation opportunities, Woodlands County is a place that is easy to call home.
The business trading area includes the communities of Whitecourt, Barrhead, Mayerthorpe, Fox Creek and a number of smaller hamlets including Anselmo, Blue Ridge and the historic Fort Assiniboine. Outdoor recreation can be found in a provincial park, on either the Athabasca or McLeod rivers, at the Blue Ridge Recreation Area, Hard Luck Canyon or a number of other campgrounds. Indoor Recreation can be found at the Allan &Jean Millar Centre, the Eagle River Casino or at activities at a number of halls run by Agricultural Societies in the County. Schools are operated by Living Waters Catholic School Division and Northern Gateway Public School Division and a local hospital and health centre is run by Alberta Health Services.
Woodlands County is a rural municipality approximately 150 km northwest of Edmonton, Alberta. Within the 7,668 sq. km. the county surrounds the Town of Whitecourt, and includes the hamlets of Blue Ridge, Goose Lake and Fort Assiniboine.
Woodlands County is seeking a dynamic individual who is seeking a challenging and rewarding career with the Woodlands County team as Area Supervisor (Whitecourt Shop) within the Infrastructure department.
FULL TIME PERMANENT- AREA FOREMAN (WHITECOURT)
Candidates should have:
- 5+ years supervisory experience in infrastructure / public works
- 5+ years’ experience in the direct daily supervision of staff and equipment in an infrastructure / public works operating environment.
- Candidate must have experience in; deploying the necessary resources required to perform various tasks such as road building, shoulder pulls, erosion control, culvert installations, dust control, beaver control, bridge repairs, re-graveling and general maintenance of asphalt, gravel and cold mix roads.
- 5+ years’ experience in dealing with public and stakeholder concerns and complaints either in person or phone and providing written follow-up
- 3+ years’ experience in developing, monitoring and working within approved annual budgets and expenditure limits
- 5+ years’ experience in assessing road conditions along with monitoring and approving road use requests, agreements and overweight permits
- An intermediate level of understanding and able to use Microsoft office suite including word, excel, outlook, power point and other financial software
- Public Works Institute designation, C.E.T. designation are assets
The remuneration for this position is $74,780 – $93,476 (based on experience and qualifications)
A valid class 5 driver’s license and current driver’s abstract acceptable to the County are required for the above noted position.
A complete job description for the position is available at; the Woodlands County Municipal Office in Whitecourt, Fort Assiniboine Regional Municipal Office or by requesting online at firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for applications is December 31, 2018
Interested parties may submit their applications to:
Director of Infrastructure Services
Box 60, # 1 Woodlands Lane
Whitecourt AB T7S 1N3
E-mail resume to email@example.com
Woodlands County thanks all applicants for their interest; however, only those candidates invited for an interview will be contacted.
DIRECTOR, CORPORATE SERVICES
Woodlands County is seeking an enthusiastic and motivated leader to manage its corporate services department. As part of the senior management team, the Director, Corporate Services will be involved with strategic planning and will have the following duties:
- Oversee the county’s overall financial operations
- Prepare the annual operating and capital budgets
- Manage the County’s information technology
- Human resources administrator
- Manage/oversee the assessment and taxation functions
- Manage accounts payable, accounts receivable, and payroll
- Manage short and long term investments
- Manage grants and grant reporting
- Manage the risk management and insurance functions
The successful candidate will have:
- A professional accounting designation (CPA)
- Undergraduate degree in business or pubic administration
- Experience with strategic & business planning processes, budget process, financial reporting and forecasting required
- A minimum of five years senior level experience in related field and a full understanding of PSAB standards
- Proven leadership, supervisory and team building strength required along with superior verbal/written communication
- A strong team player who can immediately add-value across all departments
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills along with the ability to build strong relations with stakeholders, Council and staff
- municipal government experience would be an asset
Woodlands County offers a competitive salary and compensation package.
More information pertaining to the position is available by contacting the undersigned at 780 778 8400 or toll free at 1888 870 6315. Letters of application, including a detailed employment resume, clearly marked “Personal & Confidential – Director, Corporate Services” will be received until January 4, 2019 – or until a suitable candidate is found.
Pat Vincent, CLGM
Interim Chief Administrative Officer
Box 60, #1 Woodlands Lane
Whitecourt, Alberta T7S 1N3
Woodlands County thanks all interested parties, however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Chief Administrative Officer (CAO)
Woodlands County is a rural municipality approximately 150 kilometers northwest of Edmonton, Alberta. With an area of 7,668 square kilometers, the County surrounds the Town of Whitecourt, and includes the hamlets of Blue Ridge, Goose Lake and Fort Assiniboine. The County has a population of over 4,700 people and a combined budge of $32M. Woodlands County is a thriving natural playground, welcoming families, businesses and tourists alike to experience and enjoy all there is to offer. They have a Council of seven including the Mayor.
Reporting to the Mayor and Council, the Chief Administrative Officer (CAO) is responsible for guiding the day-to-day affairs of the County as outlined in the Municipal Government Act (MGA), County by-laws, and policies as set by Council.
In addition, the CAO will also:
- Deliver solid leadership to the senior leadership team and County staff.
- Provide effective advice and support to the Mayor and Council in developing, implementing, and executing policies and strategies.
- Promote opportunities to the public for public participation on municipal issues.
- Ensure that County staff are committed to providing the highest level of service to the general public and the business community through clear and transparent communication.
The successful candidate will possess the following:
- A demonstrated track record of strong leadership and direction with prior senior management experience.
- A post-secondary education, or a combination of relevant training and senior leadership experience.
- The ability to work effectively with elected officials, joint partnerships, businesses and industry, Boards and committees, and the general public.
- A comprehensive understanding of the financial and budgeting process.
- Appreciation of the legislative process and knowledge of the Alberta Municipal Government Act and its recent changes.
- Proven experience in strategic planning, organizational development and achieving results in building team relations.
For further information please visit our website, or contact:
DCG Executive Search Services Ltd.