Family and Community Support Services
Family and Community Support Services (FCSS) encourage the development and delivery of social programs that are preventive in nature and promote and enhance the well-being of individuals, families and communities.
FCSS services for Woodlands County residents can be accessed either directly from the County or through agreements with the Town of Barrhead, Town of Mayerthorpe or Town of Whitecourt.
The Woodlands County Community Services Department encourages organizations to come forward should they require help or direction with any upcoming programs.
Services that may be eligible for funding include:
- Services to assist communities to identify their social needs and develop responses to meet those needs
- Services to promote, encourage and support volunteer work in the community
- Services to inform the public of available services
- Services that promote the social development of children and their families
- Services that enrich and strengthen family life by developing skills so people can function more effectively within their own environment
- Services that enhance the quality of life of the retired and semi-retired
Please return completed forms to:
Woodlands County Community Services
PO Box 60, #1 Woodlands Lane
Whitecourt, AB T7S 1N3
For further information, please contact the Community Services department:
Phone: (780) 778-8400
Fax: (780) 778-8402