Woodlands County is the key location for doing business in northern Alberta. We offer a unique blend of urban and rural lifestyles, active and collaborating business relationships, and a focus on recreation and family activities.
Key regional advantages include our:
- Central location between the urban centers of Edmonton and Grande Prairie;
- Modern recreational facilities;
- Countless outdoor and indoor leisure opportunities;
- Dynamic and thriving economy;
- Expanding health services;
- Affordable housing and living;
- Available and affordable land;
- Young and productive workforce;
- Growing professional development and training opportunities;
- Excellent transportation system via road, rail, and air;
- Established telecommunication infrastructure.
Our region is deﬁned by our broad vision for a thriving and sustainable future and is deeply invested in supporting businesses that share this vision. Below you will find links to the Whitecourt & Woodlands County Economic Development Package, and the Alberta Newsprint Company Site Hosting Prospectus. Both packages will give further insight to the opportunities and advantages to doing business in Woodlands County.