Intermunicipal Development Plans (IDPs) facilitate and sustain long term strategic growth, as well as identify joint development opportunities. The objectives of the IDP are to:
- Develop a collaborative framework for planning and development of lands within the plan area;
- Respect each other’s jurisdictional integrity and autonomy;
- Provide a framework for the provision of services and on a proactive, efficient and equitable bases;
- Promote open communication and harmony between the municipalities and other interested parties;
- Collaboratively plan for lands within the plan area with respect to land use, activities and infrastructure in a manner that maximizes their aesthetic and efficient functioning;
- Promote opportunities for residential, commercial, industrial and economic development, while minimizing land use and environmental conflicts within the plan area;
- Ensure regular and consistent communication with local landowners and other stakeholders providing meaningful involvement with respect to planning and development of lands with the plan area.