General Election 2021
Number of Vacancies: One (1) per Division
|Division 2||Whitecourt West|
|Division 3||Whitecourt Central|
|Division 4||Whitecourt East|
|Division 5||Blue Ridge|
|Division 6||Goose Lake/ Freeman River|
|Division 7||Fort Assiniboine/ Timeu|
Mayor is the Councillor who is appointed, pursuant to the Municipal Government Act to act as the Chief Elected Official of the Municipality. The appointment selection occurs at the annual Organizational Meeting, following the general election (October).
Location of Local Jurisdiction Office:
Woodlands County, Administration Office
#1 Woodlands Lane
Alicia Bourbeau, Returning Officer
Municipal Election Workers
Woodlands County is currently seeking individuals to work at various voting stations for the 2021 general municipal election.
Duties include greeting voters at their assigned voting stations, asking questions of voters, assisting with the voting process, completing required forms, and counting ballots.
- 18 years of age or older
- Available to work Election Day, Monday, October 18, 2021 from ~9:00 am to 9:00 pm
- Available for some Advance polls, October 13 OR 16, 2021
- Available to attend 1 of the MANDATORY training sessions held on Monday, October 4, 2021 from 1:30 – 4:00 pm at the Whitecourt Municipal Office OR Tuesday October 5, 2021 from 1:30 – 4:00 pm at the Fort Assiniboine Municipal Office.
Preference will be given to those who:
- are not a candidate, spouse of a candidate, immediate relative of a candidate, or connected to a campaign;
- have worked a previous federal, provincial or municipal election;
- and who have access to a vehicle and valid driver’s license.
Please apply in-person or by email to:
Whitecourt Municipal Office
#1 Woodlands Lane
Fort Assiniboine Regional Office
Fort Assiniboine, AB
RE: Elections 2021