Woodlands County understands the importance of supporting recreation and cultural opportunities for all individuals. Grant funding is available to identified community organizations in support of the valuable social and recreational contributions that they make to Woodlands County residents.
- Organizations and/or their facilities must be located within the boundaries of Woodlands County and not owned/operated by another municipality.
- The organization must be an incorporated society, or registered charitable organization in good standing with Service Alberta and file annual financial statements, with copies provided to the County.
- Funds received must be for recreation, cultural or community facilities that are open for the use and enjoyment of all Woodlands County residents.
- The community organizations noted for these grants include:
- Anselmo Recreation and Agricultural Society
- Blue Ridge Community League
- Fort Assiniboine Agricultural Society
- Fort Assiniboine Curling Club
- Fort Assiniboine Friendship Club
- Goose Lake Recreation Association
- Timeu Community Society
- Topland Recreation Society
- Whitecourt and District Agricultural Society,
- and any others as approved by Council.
Learn More: Policy 7002 - Community Organization Capital & Operating Grants
- Community Organization Capital Grant – Deadline September 15th
- Community Organization Operating Grant – Deadline February 15th
- Professional Development Grant – ongoing while funding is available
Groups can contact email@example.com for current copies of the application forms.
Contact Community Services for more information.