Tax Rate Details
Get full details on this year’s tax rates and how they pertain to you.
Bylaw 569/21 Tax Rate Bylaw 2021: VIEW/DOWNLOAD
Tax Payment Incentive
An opportunity to receive a reduction on the municipal levy portion on your tax notice.
Bylaw 567/21 Tax Incentive Bylaw: VIEW/DOWNLOAD
Tax Payment Deferral
Woodlands County wants to support individuals and businesses through a challenging year. Learn more about penalty-free deferrals on 2021 annual tax payments.
Bylaw 570/21 Tax Penalty Bylaw: VIEW/DOWNLOAD
TAX Installment Payment Plan
The T.I.P.P. program allows a ratepayer to break their annual tax payment into equal monthly installments to make budgeting for monthly expenses easier.
In accordance with the Municipal Government Act, payments will be considered paid on time if received at the County Office by 4:30p.m.; postmarked by Canada Post; or processed by a financial institution on or before the due date.
If a Canada Post postmark is absent or illegible, the date received by Woodlands County will be considered the payment date. Commercial postage meter imprints will NOT be honored.
- Municipal taxes for Woodlands County are levied at the end of May and are due June 30 of each year. These taxes are for the year running from January 1 to December 31.
- Municipal taxes calculated by taking the current assessment of a property and multiplying it by the mill rate and dividing by 1000 = tax dollars due. (example assessment of 100,000 X 10.5356 mill rate/1000 = $1053.56 tax dollars.
- The County places penalties on unpaid tax balances twice per year, on July 1 and September 1 at a rate of 6 per cent.
- Your municipal taxes may be paid at either County office in Whitecourt or Fort Assiniboine by means of cash, cheque or Interact. The County does accept post dated cheques for June 30. Municipal taxes may also be paid at your local bank as long as you provide the bank with the portion of your tax notice that has the tracking number for the County’s bank account. If you choose to mail your tax payment, please ensure that it has been post marked prior to June 30 due date.
- Woodlands County has a Tax Installment Payment Plan (TIPP) in effect that enable ratepayers to make twelve monthly installments for property taxes rather than one annual payment.
ADDITIONAL PROPERTY TAX INFORMATION