Fulfilling your vision for an exceptional County.
The Planning & Development department coordinates and manages orderly land development in the County that both protect the interests of the community and complies with the Municipal Government Act of Alberta.
This department examines issues of compatibility, environment, health, aesthetics, equity and efficiency in land use planning and development. It helps ensure the ongoing conservation of the region’s natural environment and cultural heritage while heavily promoting healthy, sustainable communities.
The Planning and Development department is responsible for guiding the framework of the Woodlands County Land Use Bylaw to help the region grow strategically.
Contact Planning & Development for more information.
- 6101 - Certificate of Compliance
- 6102 - Development Agreements
- 6103 - Development on Land with No Access
- 6104 - Issuance and Enforcement of Stop Work Orders
- 6107 - Private Sewage Disposal Systems
- 6108 - Public Hearing Process
- 6110 - Subdivision & Development Appeal Board Hearing Process
- 6111 - Subdivision Applications, Outline Plans & Area Structure Plans
- 6113 - Alberta Land Surveyor's of Real Property Report
- 6114 - Requirement of Installation of Utility Services for New Subdivisions
- 6115 - Authority to Grant Setback Variances to Legal Non-Conforming Properties
- 6116 - Natural Resource Extraction & Processing Development Permit Circulation Requirements
- 6117 - Guidelines for Land Use Amendments to Natural Resource Extraction "Class 1 Pit" District
- 6118 - Recovery of Capital Costs Incurred for New or Expanded Infrastructure
- 6120 - Subdivision Endorsement
- 6121 - Subdivision Time Extension Policy
- 6122 - Municipal Land Management